With Christmas around the corner and the recent deluge of creative holiday themed beatdowns, your Q felt obliged to continue the trend. There was a full agenda planned, and the Q put out early for all PAX to be on time. All PAX (Even Gummibear!) showed up early and eager to hit the ground running. We had 5 PAX in total ( Archive, Noodles, Gummibear, TBTF, and Banks. Hotbox joined us for coffee!) for a surprisingly warm December day.
With a lot ahead of the PAX, the Q kept the warmup quick and to the point.
The Thang: 25 Days of Christmas
The day number represents the number of reps for each exercise. The Q brought along Christmas music, so all exercises were performed while singing along to holiday favorites!
- Day 1 – 1 mile run AFAP ( The intent was to time for record keeping, but the Q fat fingered the stop watch so all PAX finished in an astonishing .6 seconds!)
- Day 2 – Bearpees – distance between 2 lamp posts (2 rounds)
- Day 3 – Hoffa Sprint – Sprint to the top and walk down (3 times)
- Day 4 – Howling Monkeys ( 4 rounds)
- Day 5 – Guantanamo ( 5 rounds)
- Day 6 – Jack Webbs
- Day 7 – Worst Merkin Ever (Crucible, Wide Arm, Regular, Diamond = 1)
- Day 8 – Contra Burpees ( Increase merkins x1 each rep finishing at 1 burpee, 8 merkins)
- Day 9 – Table Squat to overhead press (Lift one end of the table)
- Day 10 – Table Curls
- Day 11 – Table Shrugs
- Day 12 – Abyss Merkins
- Day 13 – Lunges (13 each leg)
- Day 14 – Pullups
- Day 15 – Burpees
At this point it should be noted that the wrinkle in the agenda showed up when “Flower” by Moby came on. All PAX stopped and performed squat and holds in sync with the song when it says “Bring Sally up, Bring Sally down” for the duration of the song. After this, it was back to our regularly scheduled program.
- Day 16 – No Surrender ( 8 each leg)
- Day 17 – Big Boy Situps
- Day 18 – Dips
- Day 19 – Broad Jumps
- Day 20 – Hodor’s ( With Coupon)
- Day 21 – Flutter Kicks (Coupon Overhead)
- Day 22 – Merkins
- Day 23 – Side Straddle Hops ( 4-count in cadence)
- Day 24 – Squats
- Day 25 – Manmakers ( It should be noted by this point, we ran out of time. The Q graciously offered as a Christmas gift to allow everyone to skip the last exercise, but the determined PAX did not want to quit. Archive suggested each PAX complete 5 for a total of 25, so we all chipped in and gave each other early Christmas gifts!)
At this point all PAX were effectively worn out and moseyed back to the flag. The Q was not able to take any pictures due to the packed agenda, but no doubt this one will be remembered for a while. Prayers for those interviewing and in the middle of job searches, for those who are travelling and will be travelling over the holidays, for good conversations and time to be spent with family, and praise for Noodles being accepted into his certification course.