We took advantage of the relatively mild weather for our last workout of the year and had a little fun at AO Mastodon!
7 PAX were in attendance: Noodles, Deep Dish (from F3 Chattanooga), Archive (1/2), Gummi Bear, Hot Box, Raisin (FNG), TBTF
We did a quick warm up consisting of Motivators, Tin Soldiers, and Arm Circles followed by a mosey around the playground jogging path on our way to the coupons.
We did a 3 part workout representing the year that has passed as well as the upcoming year end countdown and ball drop.
Part 1 – Year In Review
Part 2 – The Countdown
Part 3 – The Ball Drop
Part 1 – Year In Review – We did 12 rounds (1 round representing each month of the year) with rep count based on the number of days in the corresponding month.
- Coupon Shoulder Press x31 (January)
- Coupon Chest Press x28 (February)
- Big Boy Sit Ups x31 (March)
- Goblet Squats x30 (April)
- Coupon Curls x 31 (May)
- Derkins x30 (June)
- Leg Raises/Coupon Overhead x31 (July)
- Lunges/Coupon Overhead x31 (August)
- Coupon Swings x30 (September)
- Coupon Back Rows x31 (October) – we capped this off with a Noodles signature “boo-urpee”
- Monkey Humpers x30 (November) – We did 3 sets of 10 while PAX formed a circle and went around the circle, there were some EC reps performed on the last round
- Coupon Russian Twists x31 (December)
- We then did 25 count in cadence (75 actual) Side Straddle Hops because why not
Part 2 – The Countdown – Since we worked our way through the year in Part 1 it was time for the countdown
- 10 – Squat Jumps
- 9 – Merkins
- 8 – Dips
- 7 – Shoulder Taps
- 6 – Jump Lunges
- 5 – Burpees
- 4 -Dive Bomber Merkins
- 3 – Carolina Dry Docks
- 2 – Hoffa Sprints
- 1 – Minutes of Abs (anything; PAX choice)
Part 3 – The Ball Drop
I don’t remember what each PAX rolled but we did bonus burpees, merkins, squats (3 count down in cadence), Mountain Climbers, Arm Circles, and the dreaded Bear Crawl/Big Boy Sit Up/Bernie Sanders super set based on what each PAX rolled.
We put the death di back in its hiding place and moseyed around the playground jogging path back to the flag which ended in a sprint once the flag was in view
We then named the FNG (from California) “Raisin”
TAPS to Noodles as he pursues career/personal development in his field, watch over TBTF as he pivots in his career to a new role, general health and happiness of the PAX