11 PAX (Noodles, Ship Lap, FNG-Dovetail, HotBox, FNG-Body Pillow, Captain Crunch, Too Big To Fail, Banks, Jazz Hands, Archive, Gummi Bear) posted to a squally Saturday morning workout ready to “Embrace the Suck”. The weather took it slightly easy on us with a two hour break between rain and snow, but the wind was still a brisk 20mph. Without much fanfare, we settled in for some fun times.
- Motivators (IC x 7)
- Windmills (IC x 15)
- Scapular Push-Ups (10 OYO)
- Ring of Fire variation, PAX calls an exercise (they dislike) and performs exercise while the remaining Fellowship descends the hill and then buddy-carries (in teams) other PAX to the top. Rotate until all PAX have been Isildur/Frodo once. — We broke into two teams of 5 (before Jazz Handz arrived), I think some PAX were doing the quick math on 11 hill runs…
18min AMRAP (reprise) we got to reprise the TBTF / Gummi Bear workout that everyone else missed, which (un)fortunately set our arms up for some low figures on the next portion
- 18 Merkins
- 18 Sit-ups
- 18 Aussie Pull-ups
- 18 Squats
Resolution Time: another check-in is needed here sometime to confirm how many pull-ups can be done with fresh arms that haven’t done 100+ rows first.
- Do AMRAP pull-ups, stop when you can’t get your chin over the bar
- (interlude) 30 lunges
- Eccentric Pull-ups (start at top, slow lower) 5ish (or AMRAP)
- (interlude) 30 Sit-ups
- “Back-only” pull-ups (arms stay straight, engage back muscles)
- J-Lo #1 for one minute (knee to chest, straight, side, straight, chest)
- J-Lo #2 for one minute (low-plank hip dips)
- Flutters ICx50
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for safe travels in the weather — Jazz Hands packed weekend with a friend’s wedding and hosting — a good start to classes for Noodles — and keeping and building solid momentum for 2020!