It was another beautiful day at AO Mastodon, and 9 faithful PAX (Archive, Captain Crunch, Noodles, Hotbox, TBTF, Shiplap, Katniss, Jazz Hands, Banks) came out for what promised to be a beatdown not soon to be forgotten! It had been a while since 5 Alive resurrected itself, so YHC thought there was no better time than to feel alive than on a snow covered February morning!
- 7x Motivators
- 15x Tin Soldiers
- 15x Mountain Man Poopers
- 10x Merkins IC
Thang 1: 5 Alive!
- Run the short mile stopping at each lamp post until the Thang is complete
- 1st Lamp – 1 Burpee
- 2nd Lamp – 2 Burpees – this progresses up to the 5th lamp post and doing 5 Burpees
- 6th Lamp – 5 Burpees, 1 Merkin – The Merkins increase by 1 until the 10th lamp post
- 11th Lamp – 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 1 Star Jump – The Star Jumps Increase until the 15th lamp post
- 16th Lamp – 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jump, 1 Dive Bomber – The Dive Bombers increase until the 20th lamp post
- 21st Lamp – 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jumps, 5 Dive Bombers, 1 Squat – The Squats increase until the 25th lamp post
- 25th Lamp – The routine culminates with 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jumps, 5 Dive Bombers, and 5 Squats
- From there, run the rest of the mile to the C.O.O.T.I.E.S.
For those of you counting at home, that adds up to the following:
- 115 Burpees
- 90 Merkins
- 65 Star Jumps
- 40 Dive Bombers
- 15 Squats
Thang 2: A Little Competition
The PAX split into 2 teams at 4 stations and completed the following, each PAX would complete 5 of the exercise at their station and then sprint to tag their team mate at the next station. We completed 2 rounds of each PAX completing all stations. The stations were:
- 5x Pullups
- 5x Dips
- 5x Merkins
- Sprint up the hill and down the slide to the finish!
- 50x Flutter Kicks IC
- 25x each side oblique crunches IC
The lesson behind today’s workout is when you put your mind to something and focus you can do it. This was exhibited today through “I can do 5 of anything”, but this can be applied to everyday life when you keep moving forward and don’t quit! Prayers for health for Hotbox and Archive and for Jazz Hands to restore a little bit of normalcy to their lives. Great job today HIMs!