With mist off the lake and plenty of dew on the ground, the PAX rolled in (DaVinci, Big Mac, TBTF, Shiplap, Banks, HotBox, and Crunch(QIC)) ready to get after it. The Q had recently injured himself in a brief 2 seconds of woodworking stupidity, so his planned coupon-heavy beatdown was out the window. The challenge, to bring the heat with some classic bodyweight movements worthy of the name of beatdown and balance out the merkin mania that has seized the Qs of recent weeks.
- Don Quixotes x15
- Mountain Man Poopers ICx15
- Dora 1,2,3 (but with Bernies (Bernices?) on the hill run) — It was fun to introduce this bread and butter workout to a few of the newer PAX. As Shiplap explained, “it’s like Greta, but without the coupon”. lol.
The Business End
Time to repeat those muscles but with some heavier hitting reps to dial things up.
- Archer Push-ups x10
- Ol’ Ironsides (Boat/Canoe + American Hammer ICx20 (x2))
- Dan Taylors (you know and love them, now do them up to 11!) — we worked in some wider side-to-side lunges to mix things up a little bit. TOTALLY different muscle groups…
“Abs for Days” (15 min of Mary)
The flip side of “if you can’t do it, don’t Q it.” is “Q to your strong suit”. Apparently, I’m known for core exercises, so we did some until it hurt, then we did some more.
- Dr. W’s ICx15
- 100s OYO
- Crunchy Frogs (aka “Dutch Bazookas”) ICx10
- Heel Touches ICx20
- J-Lo #1 ICx15 each side
- J-Lo #2 ICx20
COR/NOR/COT — It was a beautiful day that made you grateful to be out and awake for it. Prayers for the group, for God’s presence to be with each of us as we go about our day serving those around us. Lifting up the brothers here, in Naperville, and beyond that more would be added and that the PAX would grow in grace and wisdom in this season.