Date: Thursday, 3/3/22
PAX: @Hancock @Tortuga @Archive @Sparrow @8-Track @Da Vinci @Panda Express @SAGA @Jolly @Cookies @Beaker @Bo-Peep @Captain Crunch (AJ)FNGs: 0
Conditions: 30 ºF, minimal ice left in pond under bridges.
Lent is the observance of the 40 days of fasting in the wilderness that Jesus went through before beginning his ministry.Note: anytime we do merkins where 2-is-1, they count towards the challenge as 1-is-1. I will announce the expected merkins count in the CoT, (if you didn’t modify.)WoR
- 40 SSH
- 20 merkins (2 is 1)
- 40 LBC’s
- Picking daisies OYO
Let’s start with the end first. Because… well, it fits my agenda better. Jesus will rise from the grave on the 3rd dayThang 1 @ base of Hoffa
- Run up the hill x 2, 10 merkins each at top
- Run up once, 10 merkins, come down
- Be sad for the first two, but happy for the last one.
- Mosey around AO to represent 40 days of Jesus moseying around in the wilderness
- 20 merkins (2 is 1)
What do we do during lent? Prayer and fasting and alms giving? Let’s go!Thang 3 @ base of Hoffa
- Prayer: hold an Al Gore, but instead of hugging a tree, we’re praying
- Fasting: sprints. Run around Hoffa.
- Group 1 does prayer while other does fasting. Swap once fasting partner returns.
- Alms giving: group 1 does “alms giving squats,” 40x. Group 2 does merkins, 40x. Switch.
Oh, we’re human! We have sinned! Angry invisible sky god must be appeased! We must show penance for our sins! Feel the shame! The guilt! The horror of your evil! Offer your human sacrifice at the top of Mount… Hoffa.
- Penance: run up hill, 10 merkins, come down (while pondering your shame in what you have done)
Oh, wait, this just in…“You humble yourselves by going through the motions of penance, bowing your heads like reeds bending in the wind. You dress in burlap and cover yourselves with ashes. Is this what you call fasting? Do you really think this will please the LORD?” (Isaiah 58:5, NLT)“Penance” like this isn’t really what God asks of us! Whoops! We’re supposed to repent! Turn from our sins, and turn towards Jesus.
- Repentance: back to back. Take the coupon from your partner on your left, curl in the middle, give to your partner on your right. 40x. Take your sin, give it to Jesus.
- Back extensions with hands at your side. Flopping like the fish that we’re allowed to eat on Fridays. 40x. Definitely NOT a cult.
- More merkins. 40x.
- more wilderness moseying.
- prayer for Ukraine
- Prayer for DaVinci’s friend’s nephew who was arrested in a protest across over there
Total merkin count: 200, if you only got 40 in during alternating alms giving. I am counting 20 “2-is-1’s“ as 40.Moleskin
We often think the opposite of peace is conflict. It’s not. The opposite of peace is chaos. You don’t have to have chaos with conflict, but I’ve always thought the two come hand in hand. Expand below on your experiences that highlight this.