PAX: @Pool Boy @Big Mac @Blackout @Stock boy @LeMond @Da Vinci @DQ
- Picking daisies
Started off with a brisk jog around the short loop of the path that starts and ends at the parking lot. The PAX then made their way around the loop with the follow lamp post based workout. At each lamp post, PAX completed:
- 5 thrusters
- 10 deadlifts
- 15 coupon swings
- leave coupons. lunge to the next lamp post, jog back to coupons
- sprint the distance of two lamp posts, jog back to coupons
- Rifle carry / farmer carry coupon to the next lamp post
- Repeat at the next lamp post
That ended up being way too much work to finish the loop on time… because YHC made the gaff of thinking 1 yard = 12 feet, leading to the belief that the lamp posts were only 11 yards apart after seeing on google maps they’re about 130 feet apart. The PAX quickly cut out lunging to a lamp post, and only sprinted the distance to the next lamp post, instead of two lamp posts. Suffice it to say… whoops.
Spend time with Jesus to nurture your relationship with him. I’ve felt distant from Jesus, despite focusing my time and energy on forming my life around him. Looking at these layers of my life:
- I can talk about my passion for F3
- I can talk about my passion for my young families group
- I can talk about my passion for my church
- I can even talk about my passion for scripture. It truly is sweet as honey to me.
- But at the root of all these things, I can’t off the cuff share my passion for and relationship with Jesus
So that was a red flag, and something I’m working on. As @SAGA shared with me, sometimes you just need to date God. Just like I need to date my wife so our relationship isn’t just a business partnership in life, I need to date God. Just sit and be with him.
- Prayers for @Crack’s sister and sister in law as they go through their struggles with health and with grief, and processing the anger and frustration that follows.
- Prayers for healing for @Pool Boy’s daughter Naomi, and for resilience for his family
- Prayers for @Big Mac’s mom and her recent heart concerns, that she remains in good health and this is nothing more than a short-lived scare