64 degrees at arrival, a serendipitous number, the square of 8, the cube of 4, and the sixth power of 2. Even the weather desired to demonstrate its mental aptitude as did 7 faithful PAX (Shiplap, Banks, Da Vinci, Noodles, Tortuga, Mose, & BigMac).
Warmup: motivators, mountain man poopers, tappy taps, good mornings, arm circles
Mosey to the field.
The Test: Section A – (AKA Thang 1)
Each HIM takes turns choosing one of the available exercises (Goblet squats, Rows, Blockbees, Bonnie Blairs, Derkins, Overhead press, Murder Bunnies). Then the Q gives a question and all PAX perform 10x the number of PAX who answered incorrectly of the exercise chosen (or 5x for the blockbees).
- What is the official term for a duel between 3 people (a “truel”) – Tortuga answered correctly, Shiplap chose blockbees – 25x
- Why are there 100 folds in a chefs hat? They represent 100 ways to cook an egg, once you know them, you can wear the hat…unfortunately none of us knew that so 60 rows (Banks)
- Which country has the unicorn as their national animal? (Scotland) again no one answered correctly so 60 Bonnie Blairs (Tortuga)
- What is the most common state bird? The cardinal (only 2 incorrect answers), 20 murder bunnies (Noodles)
- What is the painting ‘La Gioconda’ More usually known as? The Mona Lisa (100% correct) but we did 20 derkins anyways, #overachievers (Da Vinci…duh)
- Which bone are babies born without? Knee cap (is that a bone…) 60 goblet squats (Mose)
- What is the most expensive home in the world? Buckingham Palace (Mose got it correct!) 50 overhead presses
The Test: Section B – (AKA Thang 2)
All HIMs guess a numerical answer and then everyone does the difference between the actual number and the worst guess.
About how many grapes go into a bottle of wine? 700 (worst guess was 200 off) 200 air squats.
How many Grammys did Elvis win? 3 (worst guess was 17 off) 17 burpees
Approximately how much does a blue whale’s heart weight? 400 lbs (worst guess was really really far off) 200 lunges
What fraction of the speeches in Shakespeare’s plays are by women? 17% (farthest off – 90%) 73 big boy situps
How many states in the Estados Unidos de Mexico? 32 (farthest off 7) 25 coupon swings.
Thang 3: 8 minutes of abs
25 crunchy frogs
25 bicycles forward
25 bicycles backwards
25 wide-leg up and out cross sit-ups
25 slow 4-count flutter-kicks
25 alternating sit-up V-reach
50 American Hammers (both sides counts as 1)
Exam Results: We’re not necessarily good at random trivia, but we’re happy to make up for it in hard work. 100% all around.
Moleskin – Life is full of choices but what is freedom? Classical view – the ability to fulfill the purpose for which you exist, Modern view – A removal of constraint on your decision making.
CoT – Praise for great weather and a happy ending to Da Vinci’s legal matters.
Thanks for a great morning!