A balmy (positive single digits) MLK Day saw 6 PAX (Archive, Banks, Ship Lap, TBTF, Gummi Bear, Capn Crunch) looking for a good scenic hike. A nice 3 mile loop through Lincoln Marsh and back to the AO was selected and they were off.
The weekend snow had frozen hard so ankles we’re looked after, opting to keep the heavy shuffle portions to the first and last miles where pavement was plentiful. The scenic middle mile had lots of crunchy, lumpy snow (our fate for the foreseeable future). Solid mile times meant getting 3 miles in 40 minutes, arriving back at the AO just in time after a slightly delayed start. Good conversation and good exercise in the same heavy breath.
Prayers for a good start to the week, good time at home, health and intentionality as we get into the groove for the year.
But wait, there’s more!
Archive, TBTF and Crunch saw everyone off and then set off on an EC ruck on loop #2, heading on a wide perimeter around the outside of the park to Main St., Cole, Morse, and then back in. The way was treacherous and lumpy most of the time so we made slow progress and cancelled the planned mini ruck PT session in favor of a prompt return to breakfast with family.
11 PAX (Noodles, Ship Lap, FNG-Dovetail, HotBox, FNG-Body Pillow, Captain Crunch, Too Big To Fail, Banks, Jazz Hands, Archive, Gummi Bear) posted to a squally Saturday morning workout ready to “Embrace the Suck”. The weather took it slightly easy on us with a two hour break between rain and snow, but the wind was still a brisk 20mph. Without much fanfare, we settled in for some fun times.
- Motivators (IC x 7)
- Windmills (IC x 15)
- Scapular Push-Ups (10 OYO)
- Ring of Fire variation, PAX calls an exercise (they dislike) and performs exercise while the remaining Fellowship descends the hill and then buddy-carries (in teams) other PAX to the top. Rotate until all PAX have been Isildur/Frodo once. — We broke into two teams of 5 (before Jazz Handz arrived), I think some PAX were doing the quick math on 11 hill runs…
18min AMRAP (reprise) we got to reprise the TBTF / Gummi Bear workout that everyone else missed, which (un)fortunately set our arms up for some low figures on the next portion
- 18 Merkins
- 18 Sit-ups
- 18 Aussie Pull-ups
- 18 Squats
Resolution Time: another check-in is needed here sometime to confirm how many pull-ups can be done with fresh arms that haven’t done 100+ rows first.
- Do AMRAP pull-ups, stop when you can’t get your chin over the bar
- (interlude) 30 lunges
- Eccentric Pull-ups (start at top, slow lower) 5ish (or AMRAP)
- (interlude) 30 Sit-ups
- “Back-only” pull-ups (arms stay straight, engage back muscles)
- J-Lo #1 for one minute (knee to chest, straight, side, straight, chest)
- J-Lo #2 for one minute (low-plank hip dips)
- Flutters ICx50
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for safe travels in the weather — Jazz Hands packed weekend with a friend’s wedding and hosting — a good start to classes for Noodles — and keeping and building solid momentum for 2020!