5:30 saw 4 PAX (Archive, Noodles, Triple XXX, Cap’n Crunch) assembled at MASTODON with TBTF coming in hot just as we were talking through the plans. The persistent thick fog at the AO meant that the initial plan for a Mata Mile was scrapped because it would have required some visibility across the lake. In it’s place we opted for the Hammer workout with a sandbag swap in place of buddy carrys.
- 400m Buddy or Sandbag carry
- Split the Reps on the following:
- 300 ruck swings
- 300 sit-ups (no ruck)
- 200 lunges
- 200 overhead press
- 400m Buddy or Sandbag carry
It was an interesting Ruck workout to only cover .5 miles, but it filled the time and brought the sweat. Mission accomplished.
COR/NOR/COT: prayers for all present for the ability to focus and do good work this week, but esp. Noodles who is working through some specific challenges right now
6 Monday Ruckers (Gummi Bear, To Big to Fail, Triple XXX Family Restaurant, Noodles, Archive, Captain Crunch (QIC))
With August upon us and the new Goruck Challenge dropping for the month, it was definitely time for a “Get After It” Monday Ruckday. So why not grab the longest workout and ask the PAX to show up 15min earlier? The Gloom was still thick on arrival but the same squad from last week rolled out of the Fartsack and chose the harder thing.
We decided to sprint first and ruck later, just in case some PAX didn’t get the 5:15 memo. The PAX paired off and ran sprints:
- #1 PAX 50m sprint, #2 PAX Overhand ruck hold
- #2 PAX 50m sprint, #1 PAX Overhand ruck hold
- #1 PAX 100m sprint, #2 PAX Overhand ruck hold
- #2 PAX 100m sprint, #1 PAX Overhand ruck hold
(on the third round, take a sandbag for the sprint part)
After the PAX were thoroughly winded with that as a warm-up, we set off on a 3 mile loop. One 55# Sandbag and one 32# sand-sack were employed as “shareable” weight and passed around to everyone by the time we got back.
After all my solo-rucking, today was a big pleasant surprise of non-stop conversation. Good conversations with folks and a steady 15 min pace on a beautiful morning. Really couldn’t have gotten much more pleasant. Might need to add weight or up the pace next time, but it was a good, solid day with some fine brothers.
COR/NOR/COT: continued prayers for Good Hands’ family and nephew — wisdom as Archive’s work is in hiring process — Triple XXX’s eldest is starting her first job out of college
(Commz note: I think my instagram filter was set to “Monet” on the first half of the workout… got it fixed when the sun rose…)
With Urkel and F3 Chicago Converging on Ohio Beach, the F3 Wheaton boys swallowed their FOMO and made the best of it back home. To ease their suffering the Q planned a full Chicago-themed workout:
- Motivators ICx7 (+ a set of 8 just because)
- “Deep Dish” toe touches (Chicago-Style Mountain Man Poopers)
Dip City (round 1): (The PAX were required to complete 2,706 total, divided by the 6 that showed up, that was 451 dips per person)
The “Bean Cloud”: (not a lot of “bean” or “cloud” based F3 exercises…)
- Blackjack: 20 Hill runs (the best view in the AO) with Monkey Humpers at the bottom (1, 2, …, 20) and Gas Pumps (the bean cloud part) (20, 19, … , 1) at the top.
- “Creative Accounting” – PAX that completed their 20th set first came back and took some sets from the guys bringing up the Six.
Dip City (reprise):
- 251 Dips per PAX (Millennial style, it’s Millennium Park after all, see Creative Accounting above)
Denari selected Cooldown:
- Doomsday Clock (PAX circle up in high plank, taking turns doing 1 merkin. As PAX drop out, they perform one penalty burpee and another for each person still in the circle.)
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for Jaime as she recovers from birth complications — for Jazz Hands mom going in for another round of brain stimulation for Parkinsons — for Noodles to have good morale at work and be able to properly and helpfully navigate some toxic situations going on — Archives application to director at a new library
I don’t know who lets this clown run any workouts…
But everyone except Gummi Bear survived to the Coffeeteria!
6 PAX — Count’em! — (Archive, Gummi Bear, Noodles, To Big To Fail, Captain Crunch, and Triple XXX Family Restaurant <– returning from December!) posted in “Gloom adjacent” conditions for what was supposed to be a “buffet” ruck offering PAX their choice of Speed Ruck, Pain Ruck, or Ruck PT. But everyone said “Pain Ruck, that sounds terrible…” and went for a 2mi speed ruck course. So what’s a Q to do but drag their sandbag along anyway and try to keep up with the group?
- Ruck Motivators ICx5
- Abe Vigoda ICx20
We all rucked the 2 miles to the far side of Lawson field and back in the beginnings of a steady drizzle. YHC failed to get anything but one blurry photo out of the ruck, and the rain messed up his phone’s responsiveness on the NameORama so no video either. But outside of tech issues, the group had a glorious hike out and back and got to share our new sandbag around for a Pain Ruck / Speed Ruck combo.
Once back we filled out the remainder with some standard Ruck PT:
- Thrusters x 20
- Ruck Swings x 20
- American Hammer IC x 15
COR / NOR (not pictured) / COT: prayers for job applications going out — health and steady recovery for Hoser and Good Hands’ nephew — prayers for the brothers
After the heatwave of the weekend, we got a nice cool 66 degrees this morning and 5 PAX (Archive, Banks, Crunch, Noodles, TBTF) showed up for Monday’s Pain Ruck with some bonus weight on-hand. After our sand and surf heavy week, the promise was no shenanigans, just straight up work. Specifically, 170 lbs of Ruck, 100+# of concrete, 50+# of water, and 67# of sand. We rotated as we went and everyone got a turn with the sandbag and the jerry can.
- Ruck Motivators IC x 5
- Abe Vigodas IC x 20
The Pain Ruck:
- The Burpee Mile: The Long Mile – 12 Burpees OYO every quarter mile (Combined Ruck Weight = 170 lbs., Bonus Team Weight = 220 lbs.)
- The Overtime: Extra .5 mile, dropped the coupons off, dropped the jerry can at the half-way mark (Rucks = 170#, Team Weight = 93#)
Total Combined Ruck Work = 607
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for job travel, recovery from workouts, continued health.
Short and Sweet, but a heck of a workout. I don’t know about anyone else, but I was (am) still sore from Saturday. We’ll see how recovery time goes before Thursday’s workout.
It was a beautiful, hot humid summer day. 6 brave PAX showed up knowing full well that they had burpees coming there way. This was my 1 year anniversary Q, so I knew I needed to make it a beatdown that won’t be soon forgotten.
- 7x Motivators
- 21x Cherry Pickers
- 10x 4-Count Merkins
- 10x Burpees OYO
Thang 1: Bataan Death March
- 5x Burpees, then run to catch back up. Each PAX did it twice
Thang 2: Burpee Extravaganza!
- Bearpees across the tennis courts (1 Burpee, 4 Bearcrawls)
- Mosey to the Exercise Equipment
- 10x Burp-ups OYO
- Mosey to Hoffa
- Run to the top of the hill, 5x Hand Release Burpees
- Run to the top of the hill, 5x Hurpees
- Mosey to the other side of the grassy area
- 10x Rochamburpees
- 10x The Wolverine
- Mosey to Coupon Island sans Coupons
- 5x Yurpees
- 5x Jackees
Thang 3: Mary
We rotated around with each PAX calling an exercise for the group
- Banks – 50x 4-Count Flutter Kicks
- Captain Crunch – Old Ironsides (Boat, Canoe, 10x American Hammer)
- Archive – Bissyous – 20? (Yours truly was just trying to keep getting up…)
- Too Big To Fail – Russian Twists – 20x 2-Count
- Prince Eric – Cobra
- Gummi Bear – Side Plank + 10x side dips
We moseyed to the top of the hill, completed 10x Merkins, and then moseyed back to the parking lot to finish out the workout.
Prayers for Archive in his new job search, Captain Crunch’s family health and for all of the brothers who didn’t make it out to join us today.
8 PAX including one FNG (Welcome Too Big To Fail!) showed up on a beautiful summer day for the regularly scheduled weekly beatdown. With the evening ruck on the Horizon, our Q promised to stay away from any leg exercises. The lesson behind today’s workout is that when you put your mind to it, you can do 5 of anything, just keep moving forward.
Warm-O-Rama (The Usual)
- 7x Motivators
- 15x Tin Soldiers
Thang 1: 5 Alive
- Run the short mile stopping at each lamp post and adding on the rep count
- 1st Lamp Post -> 1 Burpee, 2nd Lamp Post -> 2 Burpees… 5th Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees
- 6th Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees, 1 Merkin…. 10th Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins
- 11th Lamp Post -> 5 burpees, 5 Merkins, 1 Star Jump
- 16th Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jumps, 1 Dive Bomber
- 21st Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jumps, 5 Dive Bombers, 1 OHC
- 25th Lamp Post -> 5 Burpees, 5 Merkins, 5 Star Jumps, 5 Dive Bombers, 5 OHC’s
- Totals: 115 Burpees, 90 Merkins, 65 Star Jumps, 40 Dive Bombers, 15 OHC’s
- 20x Pull Ups
- 2 MoM – 50 4-Count Flutter Kicks
We welcomed FNG Too Big To Fail! Prayers for this evenings Ruck Event, Jazz Hand’s Wife and her new job, Noodles and his Baby, and safe travels for Toolbox and Panadero.