It was a beautiful morning at AO Mastodon, and as weather is warming up, more legs are being shown off! 5 faithful PAX (Shiplap, Dovetail, Katniss, Captain Crunch, Banks) showed up to see what festivities were in store.
- 7x Motivators
- 15x Tin Soldiers
- 10x Merkins IC
- Burpee Mile – 12 Burpees, run 1/4 mile. Repeat for a total of 48 Burpees & 1+ mi run
- Interval Workout – Intervals set up for every 2 min, complete the following exercises: Pull-ups, Burpees, Merkins, Dips. Start at 5, build to 10, and back down to 5. For a total of 80 of each. It should be noted that I heard several mumblings about wanting to puke in the middle of this…
Prayers for those who could not be there, for our country and everyone to keep their sanity in this time of need. Take advantage of the time at home with families to do things you have not done in a while. Thankful for this group to help bring some normalcy to our lives.
The final EC Tuesday saw 3 PAX (Dovetail, Gummi Bear, Captain Crunch) brave the frozen icy wastes of AO-Mastodon for some random tests of strength, agility, will-power and structural integrity. Not everyone or everything passed the test.
- Motivators IC x7
- Abe Vigodas ICx10
- Pavement Jog
- Build the Wall, Move the Wall
- (move the 5 new coupons from Crunch’s car to the coupon wall in three legs of wind-sprints, stacking all 5 at each relay point.)
- Death Sledding / Coupon Dan Taylor / Man-Makers
- The PAX found a small patch of traction near the ice-plain of the Hill. One PAX did Man-Makers, another did Dan Taylor’s with a coupon until the third PAX had dragged or pushed the sandbag up the hill and ridden in down in this. On the first “sled” one wall broke loose, on the second, another side gave way and a large crack developed on the floor. On the third and final sled, the short-lived, make-shift death-sled succumbed and splintered into small pieces on the hard, lumpy ice. Luckily each PAX enjoyed one ride, but only the briefest taste of glory was had.
- Stress Positions (Pull-up hang vs. Wall-push-up hold vs. Plank) After obliterating the “sled”, the three PAX moseyed to the C.o.O.T.E.E. circle for 6 cycles of pain-holds for 1:30 each. Plank and Wall-Push-ups made a good showing, but the dead-hang from the pull-up bar saw plenty of breaks (at least from YHC).
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for health for those PAX unable to attend (esp. Ship Lap), prayers for peace at home (esp. Hot Box and the plumbing clean-up), prayers for a good week of getting after it, and a blessing on the group and its members new and old.
Thanks to Gummibear’s prompting, 4 faithful PAX ( Dovetail, Shiplap, Gummibear, Banks) showed up for an EC Beatdown at AO Mastodon this morning. The weather was unseasonably warm, so the PAX quickly got after it.
- 7x Motivators
- 15x Tin Soldiers
- Run Around the Hill
Greta 1-2-3 – The PAX partnered up and completed as a team 100 Blockees, 200 Squat to Overhead Press, and 300 Kettle Bell Swings. While one PAX was working towards to the count, the other ran to the top of the hill and back.
Thankful for getting out with our brothers and prayers for those who were unable to attend.
11 PAX (Noodles, Ship Lap, FNG-Dovetail, HotBox, FNG-Body Pillow, Captain Crunch, Too Big To Fail, Banks, Jazz Hands, Archive, Gummi Bear) posted to a squally Saturday morning workout ready to “Embrace the Suck”. The weather took it slightly easy on us with a two hour break between rain and snow, but the wind was still a brisk 20mph. Without much fanfare, we settled in for some fun times.
- Motivators (IC x 7)
- Windmills (IC x 15)
- Scapular Push-Ups (10 OYO)
- Ring of Fire variation, PAX calls an exercise (they dislike) and performs exercise while the remaining Fellowship descends the hill and then buddy-carries (in teams) other PAX to the top. Rotate until all PAX have been Isildur/Frodo once. — We broke into two teams of 5 (before Jazz Handz arrived), I think some PAX were doing the quick math on 11 hill runs…
18min AMRAP (reprise) we got to reprise the TBTF / Gummi Bear workout that everyone else missed, which (un)fortunately set our arms up for some low figures on the next portion
- 18 Merkins
- 18 Sit-ups
- 18 Aussie Pull-ups
- 18 Squats
Resolution Time: another check-in is needed here sometime to confirm how many pull-ups can be done with fresh arms that haven’t done 100+ rows first.
- Do AMRAP pull-ups, stop when you can’t get your chin over the bar
- (interlude) 30 lunges
- Eccentric Pull-ups (start at top, slow lower) 5ish (or AMRAP)
- (interlude) 30 Sit-ups
- “Back-only” pull-ups (arms stay straight, engage back muscles)
- J-Lo #1 for one minute (knee to chest, straight, side, straight, chest)
- J-Lo #2 for one minute (low-plank hip dips)
- Flutters ICx50
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for safe travels in the weather — Jazz Hands packed weekend with a friend’s wedding and hosting — a good start to classes for Noodles — and keeping and building solid momentum for 2020!