Thanks to Gummibear’s prompting, 4 faithful PAX ( Dovetail, Shiplap, Gummibear, Banks) showed up for an EC Beatdown at AO Mastodon this morning. The weather was unseasonably warm, so the PAX quickly got after it.
- 7x Motivators
- 15x Tin Soldiers
- Run Around the Hill
Greta 1-2-3 – The PAX partnered up and completed as a team 100 Blockees, 200 Squat to Overhead Press, and 300 Kettle Bell Swings. While one PAX was working towards to the count, the other ran to the top of the hill and back.
Thankful for getting out with our brothers and prayers for those who were unable to attend.
11 PAX (Noodles, Ship Lap, FNG-Dovetail, HotBox, FNG-Body Pillow, Captain Crunch, Too Big To Fail, Banks, Jazz Hands, Archive, Gummi Bear) posted to a squally Saturday morning workout ready to “Embrace the Suck”. The weather took it slightly easy on us with a two hour break between rain and snow, but the wind was still a brisk 20mph. Without much fanfare, we settled in for some fun times.
- Motivators (IC x 7)
- Windmills (IC x 15)
- Scapular Push-Ups (10 OYO)
- Ring of Fire variation, PAX calls an exercise (they dislike) and performs exercise while the remaining Fellowship descends the hill and then buddy-carries (in teams) other PAX to the top. Rotate until all PAX have been Isildur/Frodo once. — We broke into two teams of 5 (before Jazz Handz arrived), I think some PAX were doing the quick math on 11 hill runs…
18min AMRAP (reprise) we got to reprise the TBTF / Gummi Bear workout that everyone else missed, which (un)fortunately set our arms up for some low figures on the next portion
- 18 Merkins
- 18 Sit-ups
- 18 Aussie Pull-ups
- 18 Squats
Resolution Time: another check-in is needed here sometime to confirm how many pull-ups can be done with fresh arms that haven’t done 100+ rows first.
- Do AMRAP pull-ups, stop when you can’t get your chin over the bar
- (interlude) 30 lunges
- Eccentric Pull-ups (start at top, slow lower) 5ish (or AMRAP)
- (interlude) 30 Sit-ups
- “Back-only” pull-ups (arms stay straight, engage back muscles)
- J-Lo #1 for one minute (knee to chest, straight, side, straight, chest)
- J-Lo #2 for one minute (low-plank hip dips)
- Flutters ICx50
COR/NOR/COT: Prayers for safe travels in the weather — Jazz Hands packed weekend with a friend’s wedding and hosting — a good start to classes for Noodles — and keeping and building solid momentum for 2020!