On 10/12, 3 full-size PAX posted on a very chilly Saturday morning (@TBTF, @Gummi bear, and @Jäzz Händz), while another (@Captain Crunch (AJ)) brought along his 2x 2.0’s, combining to what we’ll call a solid 4 PAX for the day (1/2 for Crunch, and 1/4 for each of his 2x participating 2.0’s, who actually did some workouts with us!)
The workout was as follows:
”Seven & Ten & Two”
Diamonds & Dragons, v2.0
Thang 1 @ The Baseball Diamond
“7 of Diamonds”Start at Home Base. Each “round” (i.e. circle all four bases), you switch to the next exercise. Stick together at bases, hold for the 6.• Round 1 = 7x Burpees OYO at each base
* Karaoke to each next base• Round 2 = 14x Squats IC at each base, PF (“proper form”)
* Mosey to each next base• Round 3 = 21x Mountain Climbers OYO at each base
* Broad Jump to each next base• Round 4 = 28x LBCs OYO at each base
* Backwards mosey to each next baseYours truly grabbed a coupon and hit the path for “Crunch mile” counter clockwise.
Thang 2 @ Path by Diamond
“Baton” Death March
Modified “Bataan Death March”• PAX line up and begin moseying in a line for a “Crunch Mile”, CCW around the islands. The front-runner carries the coupon, last person in line stays back to do 5 merkins. The Merkin-doing PAX sprints up like tortoise and the hare style to front of mosey line (and taps trailing PAX on the way to stop, drop, and do 5x merkins) and takes coupon from the front-runner as new leader, and previous front-runner is now second in line.
• Sans the coupon, this is a very doable and normal exercise. With a coupon however, you need to enter beast mode, which @Gummi bear specifically did quite well.
• We did 1 loop around the islands while @Captain Crunch (AJ) stayed back with his 2.0s to prepare for the next workout and keep them warm in the car.Return the coupon and headed to the tennis courts.
Thang 3 @ Tennis Courts
Welsh Dragons: Enter the Dungeon
Bear crawl forward 4 steps, do 1 merkin, 1 plank jack, and tap the back of each shoulder 1 time. Repeat adding 1 rep to each exercise each time.• PAX did 10 reps of Welsh Dragons: i.e. last rep was finishing the stretch with 4 bear crawl paces, 10 merkins, 10 plank jacks, 10 shoulder taps per shoulder. The goal is to not release from planking position or drop to your knees. This was BRUTAL. “Modify as needed” was definitely utilized for this workout.
Mary (6MOM) @ Grass near Parking Lot
Ring of Fire (bear crawl version), two rounds per PAX as there were only 3 of us in the ring.COR/NOR/COT Coffeteria