PAX – 10 PAX in attendance – Tortuga, TBTF, DBC, Beaker, HotBox, Jolly, T-Bone, Crack, SAGA, Crash
WoR – SSH (x15 IC), Abe Vigota (x10 IC), Imperial Walkers (x10 IC), MMPoopers (x10 IC), Slow Merkin (x10 IC)XMoseyed to the base of ‘Hoffa where the beatdown commenced
Thang 1 –
- Coupon Circuit x2 – 15 Block-pees, 20 Goblet Squats, 25 Coupon Curls, 30 Shoulder Press, 100 SSH, sprint hill/touch fence, mosey back, Merkin for the six
- Turkey Leg burner circuit x1 – 15 Burpees (no coupon), 15 Star Jumps, 25 BW Squats, Lunge up hill, 100 SSH at top of hill, mosey down, Merkin for the six
Thang 2 –
- Turkey Trot – mosey to the pool house and back to the path on the opposite side of the field in front of Hoffa
- Turkey Hunt (named after the beatdown)- Goal was to sprint across the field and up ‘Hoffa. Tortuga was volunteered to be the “hunter” and the remaining PAX were the “hunted – or the turkeys to stick with the theme”. The remaining PAX got a 3 second headstart. After 3 seconds Tortuga sprinted the field/Hoffa. Anyone he was able to pass did 5 burpees. All PAX met at the top of ‘Hoffa.
We then moseyed to flag
CoT – health and safety during the holiday season. I may have forgotten a few requests but as Gummi Bear once said…God is all knowing and he heard you 🙂
PAX in attendance: Big Mac, T-Bone, Tortuga, Noodles, Yoyo Rabbit, Saga, Panhandle, DaVinci, Sparrow, DBC, and TBTF-WoR – Michael Phelps x30 seconds, arm circles x30 seconds each direction, Abe Vegotas x10, Slow Squats x10, and slow Merkins x10
Thang – The goal was to get around the AO twice, the first included stops for PT and the second was pure ruck (shuffling needed due to time).
- First Lap:
- On the first lap around the AO we stopped after the pool house for a speed routine (PAX accomplished 20 reps of 5 movements as fast as possible. We did OH presses, Merkins, American Hammers, Squats, and Imperial Walkers. We proceeded to ruck to Dan Taylor Alley where we bear crawled across the field stopping at the first soccer net. We then lunged from the first soccer net to the second soccer net. Next we shuffled to the northwest corner of AO for one last PT stop where the PAX hammered out 20 Merkins/20 Squats/20 American Hammers. From there we completed the first lap (to the flag)
- Second Lap:
- Goal was to ruck the Archive mile where mumble chatter was encouraged. Time snuck up on me and we ended up shuffling the back half.
COT – Prayers for the teachers, students, and staff at the schools to stay safe amid the increasing numbers. Prayers for the children of the Hope4TheOrphan program (I apologize I can not recall the girls name we prayed for this morning) .
“Keep It Simple” Boot Camp – 9/10/2020
14 PAX came out for a chilly Thursday AM beatdown. PAX in attendance include: Gummi Bear, Banks, Captain Crunch (2Q), HotBox, Bloomer, Sparrow, T-Bone, Shiplap, Katniss/Katness, Wet Burrito, Noodles, Archive, DaVnci, TBTF
We started with a quick WoR with Abe Vigotas x15 IC and Motivators x7 IC
We then moseyed to the COOTES and started with 25 pull ups and 25 merkin.
Next we made two single file lines. One line was the merkin line and the other was the squat line. Each PAX was able to call out the exercise of their line 1 time throughout our mosey around the Captain Crunch Mile (intended to do the full Archive mile but was running short on time). We did 25 merkins and 50 squats each time it was called. About half way we cut the reps to 15 merkins and 25 squats. Once the mosey was complete we made it back to the COOTES for 15 more pulls ups and 25 more merkins. For good measure we sprinted to the top of Hoffa and performed BBSs until all PAX were complete then bear crawled or crab walked down Hoffa and made our way back to the flag.
CoT – Prayers for the community and overall health of the PAX and families. There were a few specific requests that to be honest I can not recall right now but were part of the prayer.
There was a solid showing of 11 PAX eager to get their week started out the right way. PAX in attendance were: HotBox, Gummi Bear, BigMac, Captain Crunch, Banks, Panhandle (FNG), Da Vinci, Archive, Shiplap, Wet Burrito, and TBTF
WoR consisted of a set of 5 motivators, 10 Mountain Man Poopers, and 10 tappy taps all done in cadence
We then set out to do a one mile ruck around the perimeter of the AO where we rucked the east/wide legs of the path and shuffled the north/south legs of the path
We added a stop at the base of Hoffa for some moderate PT. We did:3 minutes of EMOM – Ruck shoulder press, Ruck front squats, Ruck BBS, and Ruck Merkins x10 reps each exercise3 minutes EMOM – 10 manmakers
We then did a slightly shorter ruck through the AO where we again rucked the east/wide legs of the path and shuffled the north/south legs of the path
CoTPrayers for the kids, teachers, and staff as the school year commences as well as any parents/families that are managing elearning for their children.
It is Friday already and the group felt the need for some light jogging and a little PT to bridge the gap between Thursday and Saturday beat downs. A new record for EC Run Club of 6 PAX came out: Shiplap, DaVinci, Noodles, Katniss, Big Mac, TBTF demolishing the prior record of 3! To be fair I believe this is only the 4th EC Run Club 🙂
WoR – 30 second jog in place, 25 SSH, 30 seconds mummy kicks (Shaun T mumble chatter ensued), followed by various stretched to prep us for our journey
- We jogged around the AO and eventually made it to the north field of the high school off Geneva Road where they keep the tractor tire @Banks so kindly introduced some of us to
- Each PAX took a turn flipping the tire 10 times while the remaining PAX moseyed to a fence about a 100 yards out and back. In some cases 2 PAX teamed up to flip the tire
- We then moseyed back to the AO and visited our buddy Hoffa for 5 hill sprints foll0wed by a mosey around the baseball diamond and back to the flag
- The intention was to end with Mary but I didn’t leave enough time for that (We will get it next time boys)
Total distance was about 3.5 miles with some PT sprinkled in.
CoT – Prayers for the community (including Archive) who are still trying ot get electricity back. Prayers for Noodles as he continues to pursue the next step in his career
Ship Lap, Gummi Bear, Da Vinci (FNG), and TBTF posted for ruck club after a long relaxing weekend.
- Motivators x5
- Slow Ruck Merkings x10
- Arms circles (forward/backwards) and claps (overhead/front) x25 each motion
- We rucked about a mile to the Lincoln Marsh Prairie Patch (it’s a park)
- We found a log and did 25 Ruck Derkins, 25 Split Squats (per leg), and then carried our rucks over our heads for a small loop that is at the park (guessing baout 1/8th mile), we then did 5 Ruck-pees (Blockpees with a ruck)
- We then rucked back to the AO (about a mile) working up to shuffle towards he end as we were over time a bit
- Praying for general health and wellness of the PAX and community as we all progress through the current pandemic and start to branch out and reintegrate aspects of life back in to our routines (ie day care, etc).
Welcome Da Vinci to AO Mastodon!! We are happy you are here and excited to get to know you. If you haven’t had a chance to meet the “FNG” be sure to reach out and say hi.
- Motivators x7
- AbeVigoda’s x15
- Slow(ish) paced Indian Run around the AO (3 burpees) ending at the coupons
The concept was that I created a list of the PAX in attendance and then we would do an exercise that I thought of when I thought of that PAX. The rep count would be the PAX age and the reps would be the PAX number of kids (keeping with the Fathers Day theming). In reality I couldn’t remember everyone’s age so we just did 35 reps for everyone (or “rep equivalents” where 35 reps didn’t work out or wouldn’t be reasonable). Most importantly after we completed the exercise the PAX that was the motivation for the exercise completed was responsible for sharing a “dad joke” to the PAX so we can all build up our “dad jokes” arsenal.
- 1 – Crunch – Dan Taylors
- 2 – Banks – Burpees – 35 reps, 1 set
- 3 – Noodles – Zombie Crawl up Hoffa (way harder than I remember) – there was some solid Halloween Q mumble chatter on the way up; Boo-urpee for the 6 at the top
- 4 – Katniss – Star Jumps – we crowd sourced this one and got to the total rep count as a group
- 5 – Archive – Coupon Squats – 35 reps, 2 sets + 15 reps in cadence (for the one on the way!)
- 6 – TBTF – Rock Around The Block (10/10/10/5, only 1 set due to time)
- 7 – HotBox – Coupon Back Rows (35 reps, 2 sets; cu short for time)
We returned the coupons and moseyed to the flag
CoR – Captain Crunch, Banks, Archive, Katniss, TBTF, HotBox, Noodles
CoT – prayers for Captain Crunch and family for safe travels to Pittsburgh as well as for all the Fathers to enjoy the weekend
While the world begins to hunker down and hide from each other the PAX of AO Mastodon got out in the world to push themselves to become a better, stronger HIM than we woke up that morning. 8 PAX were in attendance: Shiplap, Archive, Banks, Captain Crunch, Katniss, Jazz Hands, Noodles, and TBTF.
WoR: We got things started with Motivators x7 (where I lost count several times, pretty sure we did the set of 4 twice), The move that has many names but I will call it AbeVigotas x15, and Ballerina Toe Squats x15.
Thang(s): It was a bit of an impromptu/make it up as we go Q but we started with a “follow the leader” mosey towards the playground, down the rock wall slides, toe taps along the brick retaining wall from the COOTES to the zip line, jog through the picnic area, up and over a few picnic tables, then we stopped for a couple minutes of dips. We moseyed on for a few minutes where we stopped and circled up for a minute of SSHs where PAX took turns SSH’ing in the center of the circle and Shiplap even pulled off an impressive cartwheel/upside down SSH. We then moseyed along the path and eventually ended up at the park equipment that looked like a ladder so we obviously climbed it, jumped down, and planked for a bit. Next we moseyed to the first bridge, lunged across it and circled up for 2 minutes of Merkins (the first of a ton of Merkins on the day). We backwards shuffled for a while then stopped for arm circles/seal claps, moseyed some more then stopped for 2 minutes of squats, moseyed some more then stopped for 2 minutes of burpees (Noodles may deny it but I really thought he requested them). We then moseyed to the coupons doing some mountain climbers and jump squats along the way based on the people/dogs we passed. Once we got to the coupon area we did a round of the beatdown deck without coupons. We then grabbed coupons and did an AO Mastodon original “Rock Around The Block” which is 10 incline merkins with coupon, 10 merkins with right hand on coupon, 10 derkins (merkin/plank walk to position), and 10 merkins with left hand on the coupon at which time I believe we were about all at the point of merkins failure. We then did another quick round of the beatdown deck utilizing the coupon were we could. We put the coupons back and moseyed to the flag.
Prayers for the group, families, and society in general as we work through the Corona Virus pandemic, prayers for people to maintain calm and minimize anxiety in these trying times, prayers for our parents/grandparents who may be in a more risky age range of the current pandemic, prayers for the families stuck at home for 3-4 weeks with no school/open activities for kids.